You don’t have to put up with it
Arthritis is the umbrella term for more than 100 medical conditions that are characterised by joint inflammation and degeneration. Affecting more than 3.85 million Australians and costing more than $23 billion dollars a year, it is often seen as an inevitable part of ageing.
Osteopathy aims to improve your general mobility whilst decreasing muscular tension.
Soft tissue work combined with active and passive mobility exercises aim to encourage greater range of motion whilst balancing exercises aim to improve postural stability.
Your osteopath may also recommend dietary changes as well as anti inflammatory supplements to encourage faster healing and rehabilitation.
Osteopaths can help by:
- Working on muscles around joints to reduce stiffness and welling
- Reducing muscular tension and increasing blood flow to affected areas
- Improving flexibility and range of motion of joints
- Providing exercises to increase balance and strength
- Providing gentle stretches to help maintain joint flexibility and assist in preventing injuries
Osteopathy can also be helpful during a post-operative recuperation period.