Not just a pain in the neck
Most people experience the occasional headache whether it’s from a stressful day or bad posture.
Other common causes include:
- Vision problems
- Sinus problems
- Food intolerances
- Previous injuries
Osteopaths can help to relieve headaches and migraines by:
- Improving mobility and posture
- Reducing muscular tension, nerve compression and inflammation
- Improving blood supply and drainage to and from the head and neck
- Promoting better posture
- Recommending exercise and stretching to help prevent a recurrence of symptoms
Osteopaths, as primary health care practitioners, are trained to differentiate between headaches with common causes and those due to serious pathology. You should always seek advice if your headache is getting worse or if you get a headache after a head trauma.
Please see your doctor if you experience a headache with:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Bleeding or fluid draining from the nose or ears
- Blurred vision or speech
- Numbness, tingling or paralysis.