Don’t be another statistic
In Australia 80% of the population will suffer from back pain in their lives.
Studies show that osteopathic treatment reduces back pain, increases mobility and speeds the recovery process.
Your osteopath can help:
- Reduce muscular tension, inflammation and nerve irritation
- Improve joint mobility
- Reduce the duration of low back pain episodes
- Offer advice on posture, exercises and stretching
- Help prevent future episodes
Osteopaths can be visited without a referral from a GP and are trained to know the difference between uncomplicated back pain and back pain requiring referral to specialist care. In some cases there may be a more serious cause for low back pain such as disc injury, fracture, tumour or infection, which may requiree ongoing specialist support.
Common causes of back pain:
- Extensive sitting or standing
- Heavy lifting
- Constipation, irritable bowel syndrome
- Hormonal imbalances – menstrual pain, endometriosis
- Muscle weakness
- Spinal dysfunction / congenital condition